NPSSTS stands for the Nipissing-Parry Sound Student Transportation Services. We manage and coordinate transportation services for four local member school boards (Near North District School Board, Nipissing-Parry Sound Catholic District School Board, Conseil scolaire public du Nord-Est de l'Ontario, and Conseil scolaire catholique Franco-Nord). Established guidelines for service levels and transportation eligibility are applied uniformly to students of all the member boards.
The NPSSTS consortium was created in 2001 and incorporated in 2003. The Ontario Ministry of Education has since mandated that student transportation be coordinated through consortia, rather than through individual school boards, as a method of streamlining operations.
- four local school boards;
- 72 schools;
- approximately 19 500 students, including approximately 13 500 who are transported daily through the NPSSTS
- the vast geographic area of the Districts of Nipissing and Parry Sound (East and West), which stretches from West Nipissing to Mattawa, and from Temagami through to Novar and MacTier, including North Bay and all towns and villages in between!
- over 25 Operators that work with NPSSTS to provide student transportation via school bus, van, taxi, city transit, and even boat!
- over 100 transfer locations;
- over 400 routes covering nearly 850 runs and more than 26 000 kilometres daily
- over 80 licensed child care facilities;
- local service agencies such as the Children's Aid Society, Hands TheFamilyHelpNetwork.ca, Community Living, etc.
We are available to families, schools, and operators all year (including during the summer).