Following these 10 rules everyday will help you get to and from school safe and sound!
- Wait for the school bus in a safe place, at a distance from the road.
- Get on the bus calmly, in single file.
- Keep the aisle clear of feet, books and bags.
- Stay seated during the entire school bus ride.
- Talk quietly in the bus.
- Never put your head or arms out of the window.
- Never throw things inside the school bus.
- To cross the street safely:
- Take 10 big steps towards the front of the bus (i.e. enough to get around the safety crossing arm);
- Wait for the driver's signal to proceed;
- Continue to watch for traffic;
- Never cross behind the bus!
- Always stay out of the school bus danger zone.
- Obey the bus driver at all times.